Building Vision-Based Product Strategies and Roadmaps
This live, interactive Product Management course develops new strategic skills to build a powerful long-term vision for your products and market segments.
Key questions we will answer in this course include:
- What are the most common and successful product strategies and which are best for your market(s)?
- How can you develop the right strategy with support from all stakeholders including executives?
- What are the key elements of compelling, concise and complete product roadmaps?
- What level of detail should your roadmap include and what is the best time-horizon to use?
- Who should be involved in developing your roadmap, especially, what is the role of R&D vs. Product Management?
- How do you know you have the right product roadmap for long-term market success?
- What is the best approach to track and refine your roadmap over time?
PART 1: THE FOUNDATIONS OF GREAT STRATEGY
- Key elements of successful product strategies and common pitfalls
- Examples of various industry product strategies
- Organizing information for success – customer value profiles, personas, segment and product goals
- Case Study: Key elements of successful product strategy development – process and outcomes
PART 2: BUILDING POWERFUL ROADMAPS
- Creating a market-driven, customer-focused vision that motivates peers, management and customers
- Step-by-step guidelines for creating a compelling roadmap
- Building clear roadmaps that lead to market success – key elements, details and duration
- Effective communication of your strategy, roadmap and plan
- Building innovation opportunities into your roadmap
- Negotiating roadmaps with R&D to target the most valuable features and functions
PART 3: LEADING ROADMAP DEVELOPMENT EFFORTS
Once you have a compelling roadmap, the process never stops and as a leader. You might also be asked to lead the development of other roadmaps. You’ll continue to refine and add to it as your products and market evolves.
- When, who and how should your strategy and roadmap be updated or modified?
- Coordinating product, category, technology, operations and other roadmaps
- Driving product planning and roadmap development as a leader
Each participant will receive:
Product Management Excellence Ebook: A complete understanding of the overall Product Management Market Success Process.
Product Management Templates: A full set of templates of the key tools and step-by-step instructions for each method.
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for anyone involved in product development that wants to become more customer-focused and develop deeper strategic skills, including:
- Product Managers and those looking to transition to product management
- Product marketers
- Engineering Managers and leaders
- Embedded software developers and leads
- Application engineers, test managers and other supporting functions
- Project Managers
- Directors and executives
Contact us for facilitation and pricing options.
Product Definition and Roadmaps
Contact Us to Schedule
Garth Weber, Mechanical Engineer
Chatree Sitalasai, Engineering Supervisor
Mel Greenberg, Manager
Portland General Electric
Dwaine Gilmer, Escalation Engineer
Mark Johnson, VP of Marketing
A '10' in terms of content and presentation. Very interactive and useful right away.
Sushil Nema, Engineer
Paul L. Fernandez, Jr., Sr. Engineer
The best part was how to sell an idea to executives. Very useful tips and I can see mistakes I made in the past.
This program opened my eyes to new approaches to manage innovation. Well done and a lot of material in a short time.